A group of Wells residents who try to imagine how Wells could become a more dynamic centre for all ages. We are supported by representatives of Wells City Council, The Wells Heritage Partnership, Mendip District Council, the Wells Member of Parliament and many other individuals and institutions.
The group brings together knowledge and experience of heritage buildings, community activities, commercial property, national fund raising and finance.
We would encourage and welcome volunteers to join it. We have made good progress.
We have –
- set up a Community Interest Company (Old Deanery Project CIC)
- found an experienced property development company partner to refurbish the building, develop the outbuildings into residences and provide the necessary immediate funds to buy it
- developed a vision and business plan for its future use (see Our Vision)
- raised seed funding from a national institution
- spent much time negotiating unsuccessfully with the agents for the Diocese to buy the building, which is why we need your help.